Beach-inspired waves were created by Wella Professionals Creative Director (Aus-NZ) Renya Xydis for Zimmermann‘s SS’18 collection, shown at New York Fashion Week on Monday 11 September. The looks complemented the floaty feminine silhouettes that were seen on the runway, where floral prints adorned with ruffles and lace were designed to evoke the Australian beach culture of the 60s and 70s.
“I wanted the hair to be sexy and soulful, with an effortless beachy vibe. I layered multiple Wella Professionals EIMI products to get texture with a polished shine”, said Renya.
Recreate the look:
- Dampen hair lightly and layer a small amount of Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Setting as the base for hold, then mist Wella Professionals EIMI Ocean Spritz all over to give texture.
- Part the hair off-centre and blow dry, flicking and flipping the product through, over-directing up on the top and forward at the sides with a round brush. Back blow dry sections vertically, adding root lift and twisting the hair as you release to create volume. Ensure the ends are smooth and polished.
- Cocktail System Professional LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir and Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Me in hands then massage through the mid-lengths to ends, flipping and twisting the hair.
- Use a tong to vertically curl the mid-lengths of the hair, leaving the ends out to give a dropped beach wave effect. Starting from the nape, randomly alternate the curl pattern, twisting the front sections away from the face. Ensure it’s not too curly or too straight by lightly pulling down on the curl while it’s still warm and use the length of a straightening iron plate to randomly flatten and smooth curls throughout and on ends. This technique will give an effortless, beachy, multi-textured feel with lots of movement. When cool, comb out with a wide tooth comb.
- On the side with less hair, braid a section from the front of the ear to behind the ear close to the head, about 2 inches long, and fasten against the head with a pin. Pull the hair on that side back, leaving out a veil of hair around the face and hairline, and fasten to the braid with a gold clip.
- Wrap hair with tissue and pin, following the head shape close to the nape, and let set. This will create a natural, head-hugging feel.
- Use the fingers to rough up the veil of hair around the hairline, creating soft movement. Finish with a fine mist of Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Styled hairspray for a lightweight hold.
THIS FACE 💯 #NEWYORKfashionweek @zimmermann using @wellapro_anz FAVOURITE PRODUCT layered a few products #perfectsetting as a base then added #oceanspritz as a mist to give it a texted vibe then added #perfectme to look a bit polished at the ends then added #staystyled hairspray xxxxx #wellaproanz -#wellanewyork #wellaeducation #wellafamily #WHISPYBANGS WITH A TOUCH OF SEXINESS #HAIRBYRENYAXYDIS MU @jodieboland