Kevin Murphy’s fourteenth year as Hair Director at Melbourne Fashion Week 2017 (MFW) is seeing natural hair textures dominate the runways, signalling a continuation of the trend for Spring/Summer.
Melbourne Town Hall set the scene for Premium Runway 2, which showcased designers like Akira, ALPHA60, Ginger & Smart, Manning Cartell, Sarah Hope Schofield and Zambesi; and Premium Runway 3 shows, which included Asilio, JASON GRECH, MISCHA COLLECTION, nevenka, Nicola Finetti and DEMKIW.
“We start with a languid-looking small silhouette of soft texture that is almost see-through and then for the second show we move into bigger more erratic texture to add movement and volume through the sides and back, however not so much through the top, to add a modern edge”, said Murphy.
Follow the steps below to achieve the looks in-salon, as outlined by Kevin Murphy:
HOW TO GET THE LOOK – MELBOURNE FASHION WEEK 2017, PREMIUM RUNWAY 2:
- Prep the hair by using ANTI.GRAVITY.SPRAY applied to the roots and mid-lengths
- Section hair in three areas by parting straight down the middle and from one ear to the other
- Using a medium curling tong, pull sections of hair down and away from the face and bend around the tong
- Apply SESSION.SPRAY to the sections as they are curled
- Use DOO.OVER to create texture in each of the sections and use palms to laminate this
- Spray SHIMMER.ME BLONDE to provide a naturally glamorous lustre
- Finish by spraying in BEDROOM.HAIR to seal in the look
HOW TO GET THE LOOK – MELBOURNE FASHION WEEK 2017, PREMIUM RUNWAY 3:
- Prep hair by using ultra-hydrating duo, HYDRATE-ME.WASH and HYDRATE-ME.RINSE
- On towel-dried hair apply HAIR.RESORT and blow dry in to create natural movement and texture
- Using a styling brush, blow dry hair with natural movement, spraying in SESSION.SPRAY into the layers. Tuck hair behind the ears as you go, leaving the last section without SESSION.SPRAY, so to not look over-groomed
- Spray in BEDROOM.HAIR to complete the look with natural movement