Somehow, October is here and the entry period for the 2019 Hair Expo Awards is upon us. In late-October, the awards will open with some exciting changes and key dates to note down if you’re thinking about entering.
Julie Piantadosi returns as Head Judge and Awards Ambassador
Returning in 2019, Julie Piantadosi will continue her role as the Head Judge and Awards Ambassador. Julie’s oversight proved invaluable in 2018, with both entrants and judges receiving additional support and guidance through the submission and judging process. In 2019, Julie’s role will include increased scope, as the sole contact for all awards queries regarding the rules and regulations.
“I’m absolutely thrilled to be once again involved with the Hair Expo Awards in 2019! These awards push our industry to be the best it can be and the talent that was spotlighted in 2018 was incredible. I encourage all hairdressers to think about entering in 2019 to push their career to the next level. I look forward to supporting entrants and judges every step of the way”, said Julie about the 2019 awards.
New in 2019: a finalist announcement delivered to you
We’re going to be shaking up the way we announce our finalists in 2019, with an exciting, personalised delivery of the news. The new announcement style will be more inclusive for those hairdressers located interstate in Australia, and for those in New Zealand. More details will be released in due course, but those entering the Hair Expo Awards in 2019 should note Wednesday 10 April in their calendars as the key date for the announcement.
Key 2019 dates for entrants
The following dates will frame the entry and judging period for the 2019 Hair Expo Awards:
- Late October 2018 – entries open for 2019 (stay tuned for the official announcement)
- Wednesday 6 March 2019 – entries close
- Wednesday 10 April 2019 – finalists notified via the new style of announcement
- Wednesday 15 May 2019 – Written submissions due for creative categories
- Monday 10 June 2019 – Hair Expo Awards Gala, winners announced
Awards weighting remains unchanged
Weighting for the awards remains unchanged, with 50 per cent of an entry’s overall score assigned to the photographic collection, and 50 per cent assigned to the written business submission for creative categories.
CREATIVE CATEGORIES 2019
|· Apprentice Student of the Year
· Australian Hairdresser of the Year
· Best Salon Design
· Colour Technician of the Year
· Men’s Hairdresser/Barber of the Year
· Creative Force
· New Zealand Hairdresser of the Year
|· NSW-ACT Hairdresser of the Year
· Queensland Hairdresser of the Year
· Salon Team of the Year
· SA-TAS Hairdresser of the Year
· Session Stylist of the Year
· Victorian Hairdresser of the Year
· WA-NT Hairdresser of the Year
BUSINESS CATEGORIES 2019
|· Education Business of the Year
· Educator of the Year
|· Industry Business Performance of the Year
· Salon Business of the Year
ADDITIONAL CATEGORIES 2019
- Editor’s Choice (chosen by a prominent magazine editor from outside the hair industry)
- Hall of Fame (by peer nomination, the final decision made by Head Judge)
If you have any questions about the 2019 Hair Expo Awards, head to our FAQs page and keep an eye on the blog and our social channels for all the juicy details when the awards officially open later this month.