New York and London Fashion Weeks’ hair looks by Moroccanoil’s Global Ambassador, Antonio Corral Calero were all about texture.
Ethereal waves, adorned with flowers, and chic French twists featured at New York Fashion Week’s Marchesa show; while romantic curls were styled for Kristian Aadnevik’s runway at London Fashion week, complementing the circus theme of the designer’s new collection.
Recreate the curls:
- To create the perfect foundation for styling, prep hair by applying 1-2 pumps of Moroccanoil Treatment from
mid-length to ends (Moroccanoil Treatment Light for fine or blonde hair).
- Starting at the nape of the neck from left to right, take a section of hair and spray the entire length with
Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray before wrapping the hair around ½ inch barrel tongs, held horizontally, and
alternately wrapping under, then over, into ringlets. As each row is complete, start the next section 1 inch
above. Build each layer with Dry Texture Spray to promote structure and maintain volume.
- Change technique at roughly 2cm above the ear in line with the brow arch; holding the tongs vertically and
wrapping the hair inwards to bring the hair back from the forehead and opening up the face. Continue until
all sections of hair have been curled.
- Tip head forward and using the Moroccanoil Boar Bristle Brush, brush out each curl from root to tip. Use fingers
to separate strands fully. From the forehead back, brush out curls to smooth and soften around the face,
lifting sections and liberally applying Dry Texture Spray to strands to maintain body.
- Take a fingertip scoop of Moroccanoil Texture Clay and warm between palms to ease application, before
scrunching sections of the hair with both hands.
- Finish the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray (Extra Strong) to provide the flexible texture and hold.