Wella Professionals hosted the 2018 TrendVision Awards in Brisbane last week, where four winners were announced who will go on to represent Australia and New Zealand at the international competition in Lisbon, Portugal.
Congratulations to Elizabeth Shedwick (TONI&GUY Australia) and Jackson Rodeka (Zaibatsu Hair Art, New Zealand) who took out the Creative Vision Gold Award; and to Tanya Grant (Joey Scandizzo Salon, Australia) and Anna Bell (TONI&GUY New Zealand) who won the Colour Vision Gold Award.
The awards event was hosted by Benni and Kristian Tognini and featured 40 finalists from Australia and New Zealand; who took their finalist looks, themed around their own interpretation of Wella’s ‘Pure Chroma Nontouring’ trend, to the stage in a catwalk presentation.
The looks were judged by a panel of big names in the industry, including Frank Apostolopoulos, Belinda Jeffrey, Lee Cohen, Atilio Dusa, Kylie Hayes, Justin Pace, Deanna Parker, and Guy Roberts.
In addition to the Gold winners, the silver and bronze award winners were also celebrated:
- Silver Creative Vision: Ryan David Brown of Joey Scandizzo Salon (Australia) and Jay Jin of Studio C (New Zealand)
- Silver Colour Vision: Kristie Kesic or Stelios Papas Toowong (Australia) and Devo Weigang Peng of Studio C (New Zealand)
- Bronze Creative Vision: Kimberley Hazelton of Revolution Hairdressing Wilston (Australia) and Jamie Barakat of Ktizo Hair & Skin (New Zealand)
- Bronze Colour Vision: Caroline Daoud of Uva Salon (Australia) and Shannon Quin of Salon One Hair & Beauty (New Zealand)
- Australia Apprentice Winner: Caroline Daoud (Uva Salon)
- New Zealand Apprentice Winner: Jackson Rodeka (Zaibatsu Hair Art)
- Australia Salon Team Winner: Joey Scandizzo Salon
- New Zealand Salon Team Winner: Zaibatsu Hair Art
Runway shows on the night were presented to guests by Wella Professionals Colour Directors Jack Morton and Marie Uva; System Professional Creative Directors Uros Mikic and Richi Grisillo; and Sebastian Professional Creative Director Brad Lepper who was joined by Jayne Wild.
All the very best to the winners for the next step of their journey at the International 2018 TrendVision taking place in Lisbon, Portugal in November.